End User License Agreement (EULA)
These terms and conditions (the "Terms") describe information applicable to the use of the https://blockcat.io/ website and services, which is operated and owned by BlockCAT Technologies Inc. ("BlockCAT Inc."). By transferring Ether ("ETH") to the BlockCAT token sale smart contract ("the Smart Contract") and/or calling the token creation function to create BlockCAT Tokens (hereinafter "CAT"), the User expressly agrees to be bound by all of the terms and conditions set forth. In accepting this agreement, the User acknowledges that the User has read this agreement, understands it, and had an opportunity to seek independent legal advice prior to agreeing to it. The User also warrants that the User is of a sufficient age and has full capacity to enter in this contract under applicable law. The User understands and accepts that the User makes a contribution into the Smart Contract for the development of the BlockCAT Platform ("Contribution") upon the creation of CAT, as further described in the BlockCAT Platform Whitepaper ("BlockCAT Platform" or "the Whitepaper"). For the Whitepaper and/or further information on the BlockCAT Platform, see: https://blockcat.io/ ("the Website"). The information contained in the Whitepaper and on the website are of descriptive nature only, are not binding and do not - unless explicitly stated - constitute part of the Terms as set forth herein. At any point, if the User does not agree to any portion of the current Terms, the User should not proceed to use the Website, or participate in the token sale ("the Sale"). BlockCAT Inc. reserves the right to review and amend the Terms at any time without notice. This document does not constitute a prospectus of any sort, is not a solicitation for investment, and does not pertain in any way to an initial public offering or a share/equity offering and does not pertain in any way to an offering of securities in any jurisdiction. It is the description of the functionality of the Smart Contract.
Status of these Terms
- The purpose of these Terms is to explain the functionality of the Smart Contract and to notify the persons who intend to transfer ETH to the Smart Contract ("the Contributors") about the risks connected with the use of the Smart Contract.
- The list of risks specified in these Terms is not comprehensive, and it may not contain those risks which cannot be predicted at the present moment. If the User is not sure the User can estimate the probability of occurrence of such risks, the User is advised to contact an appropriate specialist, including but not limited to a programmer, lawyer, or adviser, before making a decision about entering into the agreement set forth by these Terms.
- Review of these Terms does not supplant the review of the Smart Contract, or of the full technological infrastructure in which the Smart Contract resides, including but not limited to Ethereum, Solidity, Parity, or MetaMask ("the Blockchain Ecosystem"). By transferring ETH to the Smart Contract, the User confirms that the User has read instructions of the Blockchain Ecosystem and fully and unconditionally agree with the conditions hereof.
- The User may not take legal actions against any entities, individuals, or the Smart Contract connected with using the Smart Contract, including, but not limited to claims based on the fact the User did not read nor did not understand the terms and conditions of the Blockchain Ecosystem.
- These Terms may be amended and/or updated in the future, without notice. The applicable Terms are the ones displayed on the Website. In order to obtain the most complete and current information regarding the Smart Contract, the User should periodically review this document.
- Ownership of CAT carries no rights express or implied other than a limited right (a license) to use the BlockCAT Platform, if and to the extent the BlockCAT Platform has been successfully completed and launched.
- The User understands and accepts that CAT does not represent or constitute any ownership right or stake, share or security or equivalent rights nor any right to receive future revenues, shares or any other form of participation or governance right in or relating to the BlockCAT Platform in general and/or BlockCAT Inc.
- The total amount of Contributions will be capped by a minimum cap, a hidden cap, and a security cap: Minimum Cap: The minimum cap is an undisclosed amount representing the threshold in which the Sale is considered successful ("the Minimum Cap"). After total Contributions exceeding the Minimum Cap are recorded by the Smart Contract, BlockCAT Inc. will signal the Minimum Cap as having been reached and disable the refund functionality of the Smart Contract. Hidden Cap: The hidden cap has been published as a cryptographic signature using the keccak256 hash function ("the Hidden Cap"). After total Contributions totaling the Hidden Cap or upon the termination of the Sale period, BlockCAT Inc. will publish the textual data used to produce the Hidden Cap ("the Hidden Cap Plaintext") to disclose the amount. BlockCAT Inc. will not issue refunds to those amounts that exceed the Hidden Cap in the event of, but not limited to, malfunction, interruption, or any sort of situation that prevents BlockCAT Inc. from disclosing the Hidden Cap and terminating the Sale. Security Cap: The security cap is a safety net to prevent erroneous operation of the Smart Contract ("the Security Cap"). In the event the Security Cap is reached, then the Smart Contract will immediately reject any further Contribution that exceeds the amount denoted by the Security Cap.
- The total token supply will be variable and determined by the total amount of Contributions received by the Smart Contract, and will be created of all equal value and functionality, however it will be divided by the Smart Contract into three discrete supplies. Sale Supply: 79% of all CAT created by the Smart Contract will be allocated to the Contributors. This CAT becomes transferable upon the signal of the Minimum Cap (see 3.3). Developer Supply: 20% of all CAT created by the Smart Contract will be allocated to BlockCAT Inc. and immediately stored in a time locked smart contract vault ("the CAT Freezer"). The CAT Freezer shall lock half of the tokens stored (10% of the total supply) for a period of one year (365 days), and the second half of the tokens for a further year for a total freeze duration of two years. At each unlock period ("the Thaw"), the unlocked CAT will be made available for use by BlockCAT Inc., including uses such as, but not limited to, further funding in the development of the BlockCAT Platform, marketing, salaries, and expenses. Reserve Supply: 1% of all CAT created by the Smart Contract will be further allocated for immediate use by BlockCAT Inc. BlockCAT Inc. reserves the right to transfer the Reserve Supply at the discretion of BlockCAT Inc.
- The User understands and accepts that the Smart Contract System may contain whitelisted addresses that receive a guaranteed allocation of Sale Supply CAT for their Contributions. The amount of these Contributions may be hard coded into the Smart Contract and is included in the total supply of CAT.
- The Smart Contract will allocate 330 CAT for every Contribution of 1 ETH during the first 24 hours of the Sale, 315 CAT for 1 ETH in the subsequent 48 hours of the Sale, and 300 CAT for 1 ETH for the rest of the Sale. Thus, the total discounted period has a duration of 72 hours (3 days).
- The Sale will continue for a duration of 30 days from the initial activation of the Smart Contract ("the Sale Period"), or until the activation of the Hidden Cap, whichever is earlier.
- The creation and allocation of CAT by the Smart Contract is initiated by the User transferring an amount of ETH to the Smart Contract, located at the Ethereum address denoted on the Website, which triggers a smart contract operation. This allocates the corresponding CAT to the User's address from which the ETH was transferred. The User must insure the Contribution is made from an Ethereum address which can technically support CAT (e.g. not from a currency exchange such as Kraken, Poloniex, Coinbase, etc.). Issuance of CAT are made by the Smart Contract according to the allocation protocols encoded therein.
- The User understands and accepts that any transfer of ETH will only be refunded in the situation the Minimum Cap is not signaled and the Sale is considered to have failed. The User shall therefore make sure that the Contributions made originate from an Ethereum address capable of receiving the transfer of ETH (e.g. not a smart contract in itself such as a multiple-signature wallet, nor that of a currency exchange such as Kraken, Poloniex, Coinbase, etc.). Other Contributions made are non-refundable and final. By contributing for CAT, the User acknowledges that the User has no right to request a refund for any reason, and that the User will not receive money or other compensation for any CAT that is not used or remains unused, except under the functionalities encoded in the Smart Contract and the protocol associated.
- Only the use of the original genuine Smart Contract as published thereof on the Website will issue CAT during the Sale Period. To the extent that any third-party website, service, or smart contract offers CAT during the Sale Period and/or facilitates the allocation or transfer of CAT in any way during the Contribution Period, such third-party websites or services are, unless explicitly mentioned on https://blockcat.io/, not authorized by BlockCAT Inc. and have no relationship in any way with BlockCAT Inc.
- The transferability of CAT during the Sale Period will be unlocked upon the signalling of the Minimum Cap.
- CAT is only for use in connection with the BlockCAT Platform under the terms of the Smart Contract and only constitute a transferable representation of the attributed functions specified in the Smart Contract.
- CAT is a usage token, which enables participation on the BlockCAT Platform. Furthermore, certain governance functions may be implemented. If such governance functions exist, BlockCAT Inc. has the final decision power regarding all matters discussed.
- Ownership of CAT carries no rights express or implied other than the right to use CAT as a means to enable usage of and interaction with and within the BlockCAT Platform, if successfully completed and deployed. Beyond this, ownership of CAT carries no rights express or implied. In particular, the User understands and accepts that he has no right to claim as a holder of CAT any intellectual property rights, equity or equivalent rights or any other form of participation in or relating to the BlockCAT Platform or BlockCAT Inc.
- By transferring ETH to the Smart Contract and/or upon receipt of CAT, the User represents and warrants that the User is not a citizen or resident of a country, whose legislation conflicts with the present allocation of CAT and/or the BlockCAT Platform in general; the User has a deep understanding of the functionality, usage, storage, transmission mechanisms, and intricacies associated with cryptographic tokens, like bitcoin (BTC) and Ether (ETH), and blockchain-based software systems; the User understands and accepts that the consensus mechanism securing the Ethereum Network may change in the future, and the stakeholders who are in control of the Network may also change as a result; the User has carefully reviewed the code of the Smart Contract located on the Ethereum blockchain at the Ethereum address described on the Website and fully understands and accepts the functions implemented therein; the User is legally permitted to transfer ETH to the Smart Contract, receive CAT, create or obtain CAT in the User's jurisdiction; the User will contribute ETH and/or create CAT from a wallet respectively within a wallet or wallet service provider that technically supports CAT. The User understands and accepts, that failure to assure this may have the result that the User will not gain access to the User's CAT; the User understands and accepts, that if the User's Contribution exceeds the Security Cap as described, the Contribution will not be accepted by the Smart Contract. The User further understands and accepts, that in such case the transaction fees ("the Gas") necessary will be forfeit and lost in its entirety; the User is legally permitted to receive software and to Contribute to the Smart Contract for the development of the BlockCAT Platform; the User is of a sufficient age to legally create and obtain CAT; the User will take sole responsibility for any restrictions and risks associated with the creation of CAT by the Smart Contract set forth below; the User is not submitting ETH to the Smart Contract and/or receiving CAT for the purpose of speculative investment; the User is not obtaining or using CAT for any illegal purposes; the User is purchasing the functionality of CAT issued by the Smart Contract primarily to support the development, testing, auditing, deployment, and operation of the BlockCAT Platform, being aware of the commercial risks associated with the BlockCAT Platform; the User waives the right to participate in a class action lawsuit or a classwide arbitration against BlockCAT Inc. or any individual involved with the creation of CAT; the User understands the creation of CAT does not involve the purchase of shares or any equivalent in any existing or future public or private company, corporation or other entity in any jurisdiction; the User understands that the transfer of ETH to the Smart Contract, the creation of CAT, and the development of the BlockCAT Platform carries significant financial, regulatory and reputational risks as further set forth in the Terms; the User understands and expressly accepts that there is no warranty whatsoever on CAT, the Smart Contract, and/or the success of the BlockCAT Platform, expressed or implied, to the extent permitted by law, and that the Smart Contract is used and CAT is created and obtained at the sole risk of the User on an "as is" and "under development" basis and without, to the extent permitted by law, any warranties of any kind, including, but not limited to, warranties of title or implied warranties, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose; the User understands that the User has no right against any other party to request any refund of the ETH submitted to the Smart Contract and/or CAT created under any circumstance except that defined in the operating functionality of the Smart Contract therein; and that the User understands with regard to CAT no market liquidity may be guaranteed and that the value of CAT over time may experience extreme volatility or depreciate in full; the User understands that the User bears the sole responsibility to determine if the User's contribution to the Smart Contract for the development of the BlockCAT Platform, the transfer of ETH to the Smart Contract, the creation of CAT, the potential appreciation or depreciation in the value of CAT over time (if any), the allocation of CAT and/or any other action or transaction related to the BlockCAT Platform have tax implications for the User; by creating, holding or using CAT, and to the extent permitted by law, the User agrees not to hold any third party (including developers, auditors, contractors or founders) liable for any tax liability associated with or arising from the creation, ownership or use of CAT or any other action or transaction related to the BlockCAT Platform.
- As part of the contribution process the User will use the User's own account (Ethereum address) on the Ethereum network, with a private key associated to this address and password. The password is used to encrypt the User's private key. Following the creation of CAT by the Smart Contract, the CAT will be transferred to the User's address by the Smart Contract. The User understands that the User must keep the User's password and private key safe and that the User may not share them with anybody. The User further understands that if the User's private key and/or password is lost or stolen, the User will not be able to generate a new password or recover the User's private key, and if the User also loses the User's private keys and password, the CAT associated with the User's account (address) will be unrecoverable and will be permanently lost. Furthermore, the User understands that there is no recovery mechanism for lost keys and passwords, so no one will be able to help the User retrieve or reconstruct a lost password and private keys and provide the User with access to any lost CAT.
BlockCAT Platform Execution
- The User understands and accepts that the development and execution of the BlockCAT Platform may be assigned to a third party contractor ("the Contractor"), by releasing the amount of contributed ETH by the Smart Contract to the wallet of the Contractor. BlockCAT Inc. has the right to engage subcontractors to perform the entire or partial development and execution of the BlockCAT Platform. The scope of the development work will be triggered by the amount of Contributions received during the Sale Period. BlockCAT Inc. shall further have the right to assign the entire BlockCAT Platform including the Contributions received for its development to a third party.
- The User understands and accepts that for the purpose of the development and execution of the BlockCAT Platform, BlockCAT Inc. receives the full amount of ETH transferred to the Smart Contract System during the Sale Period. This amount covers expenses, charges and other costs that may arise by BlockCAT Inc. and/or its subcontractors as part of the development and execution of the BlockCAT Platform. BlockCAT Inc. has the right to support and/or acquire other companies for the benefit of successfully executing the BlockCAT Platform. It remains at BlockCAT Inc.'s sole discretion to decide how to allocate the funds in order to develop and execute the BlockCAT Platform.
- The User understands and accepts that the User may not have any expectation of influence over governance on the BlockCAT Platform.
- The User understands and accepts that the BlockCAT Platform will need to go through substantial development works as part of which it may become subject of significant conceptual, technical and commercial changes before release.
User Wallet Safety
- As part of the Contribution process the User will generate a wallet seed, need to provide a password and save their private wallet keys. The password will be used to encrypt the User's seed and private keys to the User's Wallet.
- Following the creation of CAT by the Smart Contracts, the User understands that the User must keep the User's seed, password and private keys safe and that the User may not share them with anybody. The User further understands that if the User's seed is lost or stolen, the User will not be able to generate a new password or recover the private keys, and if the User also loses the private keys and password, the ETH or CAT associated with the User's Wallet will be unrecoverable and will be permanently lost. Furthermore, the User understands that there is no recovery mechanism for lost seeds, and without the seeds there is no recovery mechanism for lost passwords and private keys, so no one will be able to help the User retrieve or reconstruct a lost seed, password and private keys and provide the User with access to any lost CAT or ETH. Furthermore, the User understands that it is not possible to reconstruct a lost or stolen wallet.
- The User understands and accepts the risks in connection with transferring ETH to the Smart Contract, creating CAT as exemplary set forth above and hereinafter. In particular, but not concluding, the User understands the inherent risks listed hereinafter.
- The User understands and accepts that the Smart Contract concept, the underlying software application and software platform (i.e. the Ethereum blockchain) is still in an early development stage and is unproven, hence there is no warranty that the process for creating CAT will be uninterrupted or error-free and why there is an inherent risk that the software could contain weaknesses, vulnerabilities or bugs causing, inter alia, the complete loss of ETH and/or CAT.
- The User understands and accepts that the blockchain technology allows new forms of interaction and that it is possible that certain jurisdictions will apply existing regulations on, or introduce new regulations addressing, blockchain technology based applications, which may be contrary to the current setup of the Smart Contract and which may, inter alia, result in substantial modifications of the Smart Contract and/or the BlockCAT Platform, including its termination and the loss of CAT for the User.
- The User understands and accepts that the creation of CAT and the development of the BlockCAT Platform may be abandoned for a number of reasons, including lack of interest from the public, lack of funding, lack of commercial success or prospects (e.g. caused by competing projects). The User therefore understands that there is no assurance that, even if the BlockCAT Platform is partially or fully developed and launched, that the User will receive any benefits through the CAT held by the User.
- The User understands and accepts that the BlockCAT Platform may give rise to other, alternative projects, promoted by unaffiliated third parties, under which CAT will have no intrinsic value.
- CAT can only be accessed by using an Ethereum wallet with a combination of User's account information (address), private key and password. The private key is encrypted with a password. The User understands and accepts that if the User's private key file or password respectively got lost or stolen, the obtained CAT associated with the User's account (address) or password will be unrecoverable and will be permanently lost.
- The User understands and accepts that the Smart Contract concept, the underlying software application and software platform (i.e. the Ethereum blockchain) may be exposed to attacks by hackers or other individuals that could result in theft or loss of ETH and/or CAT, impacting the ability to develop the BlockCAT Platform.
- The User understands and accepts that, as with other cryptocurrencies, the blockchain used for the Smart Contract is susceptible to mining attacks, including but not limited to double-spend attacks, majority mining power attacks, "selfish-mining" attacks, and race condition attacks. Any successful attacks present a risk to the Smart Contract, expected proper execution and sequencing of CAT transactions, and expected proper execution and sequencing of contract computations.
- The User understands and accepts, that the wallet or wallet service provider used for the Contribution, has to be technically compatible with CAT. The failure to assure this may have the result that the User will not gain access to the User's CAT.
The User bears the sole responsibility to determine if the contribution to and receipt from the Smart Contract, including but not limited to the acquisition of CAT, change of CAT's value with the course of time and the receive function of the Smart Contract shall be a taxable event for the User. The User bears full responsibility for the timely and correct calculation and payment of all taxes due in accordance with the legislation applicable to the User. BlockCAT Inc. is not a tax agent of the User, as well as it does not advise the User on the order of calculation and/or the payment of taxes. The User accepts that no entity or individual involved in the creation of CAT can be held liable for any taxes imposed in the User's jurisdiction.
- The User acknowledges and agrees that, to the fullest extent permitted by any applicable law, the User will not hold any developers, auditors, contractors or founders of CAT, the Smart Contract and/or BlockCAT Inc. liable for any and all damages or injury whatsoever caused by or related to the use of, or the inability to use, CAT or the Smart Contract under any cause or action whatsoever of any kind in any jurisdiction, including, without limitation, actions for breach of warranty, breach of contract or tort (including negligence) and that developers, auditors contractors or founders of the Smart Contract, CAT and/or BlockCAT Inc. shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages, including for loss of profits, goodwill or data, in any way whatsoever arising out of the use of, or the inability to use of the Smart Contract, the BlockCAT Platform and/or CAT.
- The User further specifically acknowledges that developers, auditors, contractors or founders of CAT, Smart Contract and/or the BlockCAT Platform are not liable, and the User agrees not to seek to hold them liable, for the conduct of third parties, and that the risk of creating, holding and using CAT rests entirely with the User.
- By creating, holding or using CAT, and to the extent permitted by law, the User agrees not to hold any third party (including developers, auditors, contractors or founders) liable for any regulatory implications or liability associated with or arising from the creation, ownership or use of CAT or any other action or transaction related to the BlockCAT Platform.
- The User understands and accepts that the network of miners will be ultimately in control of the Smart Contract. The User understands that a majority of these miners could agree at any point to make changes to the official Smart Contract and to run a new version of the Smart Contract. Such a scenario could lead to CAT losing intrinsic value.
- The Smart Contract is located in Kelowna, BC, Canada. Consequently, CAT creation and allocation and the assignment of the development and execution of the BlockCAT Platform to BlockCAT Inc. are considered to be executed in Kelowna, BC, Canada.
- The User agrees that if any portion of these Terms is found illegal or unenforceable, in whole or in part, such provision shall, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective solely to the extent of such determination of invalidity or unenforceability without affecting the validity or enforceability thereof in any other manner or jurisdiction and without affecting the remaining provisions of the Terms, which shall continue to be in full force and effect.
- The Terms govern the creation, ownership and use of CAT and supersede any public statements about the launch of CAT and/or the Smart Contract made by anyone in the past, present and future.
- The applicable law is Canadian law. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with the creation of CAT and the development and execution of the BlockCAT Platform shall be finally settled by the ordinary courts of the registered domicile of the defendant.
CAT Purchase Instructions
The Transaction Data must be sent with your transaction, or else it will be rejected!
You may use any wallet that supports tokens. Do not send ETH directly from exchanges (Kraken, Poloniex, Coinbase, etc.), multi-sig wallets, or from other smart contracts, as you will not be able to access your CAT.
Amount: 0 CAT
PO Box 30100 Glenpark PO
Kelowna, BC, Canada V1V 2M4
© 2017 BlockCAT Technologies Inc. All rights reserved.